All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking up the problem of territorial dynamics - why some polities at certain times expand and at other times contract - this book shows that a similar research program can advance our understanding of dynamical processes in history. It investigates the dynamics predicted by the models, and contrasts model predictions with empirical patterns.
- Author BiographyPeter Turchin is Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Connecticut. He is the author of Quantitative Analysis of Movement and Complex Population Dynamics (Princeton).
- Author(s)Peter Turchin
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2003
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitlePrinceton Studies in Complexity
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note7 tables. 36 line illus.
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.24
- £6.40Trending at £7.36
- £5.94Trending at £6.39
- £23.94Trending at £24.73
- £10.31Trending at £11.81
- £4.53Trending at £6.46
- £7.81Trending at £8.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.