All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* An original and engaging introduction to the subject of historical linguistics. * Presents controversial but compelling ideas in developing a clear understanding as to why historical linguistics has had significant success in some domains, such as phonological history, and why it is considerably less successful in others.
- Author BiographyMark Hale is Associate Professor of Linguistics at Concordia University, Montreal. His research centers on the relationship between contemporary theoretical linguistics and traditional historical linguistic methodology.
- Author(s)Mark Hale
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2007
- Series TitleBlackwell Textbooks in Linguistics S.
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note85
- Weight692 g
- Width188 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.83Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.