All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging entrenched views of madness and reason, this work introduces many of the radical themes about the nature of power and social exclusion. It focuses on scientific and medical analyses of madness, as well as on the philosophical and cultural values attached to the mad.
- Author BiographyMichel Foucault (1926-84). Celebrated French thinker and activist who challenged people's assumptions about care of the mentally ill, gay rights, prisons, the police and welfare. Jean Khalfa is a lecturer in French at Cambridge University, UK. Jonathan Murphy is an experienced translator, editor and lecturer.
- Author(s)Michel Foucault
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2006
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations
- Weight1179 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Translated byJean Khalfa,Jonathan Murphy
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £115.09Trending at £123.58
- £8.68Trending at £10.31
- £14.70Trending at £19.06
- £6.92Trending at £7.28
- £8.83Trending at £8.96
- £20.72Trending at £23.94
- £23.94Trending at £26.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.