All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a history of the UK's national meteorological service for meteorologists, atmospheric scientists, historians of science, amateur meteorologists.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Walker was an academic at Cardiff University from 1967 to 1998, first as a Lecturer, then, from 1983, as Senior Lecturer and, from 1996, Deputy Head of Department of Maritime Studies and International Transport. He was Education Resources Manager of the Royal Meteorological Society from 1998 to 2007. He is a Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society and a Member of the American Meteorological Society. He co-authored The Ocean-Atmosphere System (Longman, 1977, with A. H. Perry). He chaired the Royal Meteorological Society's History Group from 1989 to 1999 and again from 2007 to the present. He was awarded the Group's Jehuda Neumann Memorial Prize in 2001 and the Royal Meteorological Society's Outstanding Service Award in 2007. Since 1980 he has had a strong scholarly interest in the history of ideas in meteorology and physical oceanography and the people behind those ideas. He has published numerous articles and lectured many times on this subject.
- Author(s)D. N. Axford,Julian Hunt,Malcolm Walker
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/11/2011
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note79 b/w illus.
- Weight1000 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine30 mm
Most relevant reviews
- egyptmad198420 Dec, 2016by
Interesting and informative
As an ex Assistant Scientific Officer in the Met. Office I highly recommend this interesting and informative book
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £9.38Trending at £10.23
- £18.49Trending at £24.92
- £8.99Trending at £14.57
- £10.56Trending at £11.22
- £11.29Trending at £12.06
- £8.70Trending at £9.98
- £5.43Trending at £6.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.