All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of articles by those who have been inspired by Martin Gardner to enter mathematics, to enter magic, to bring magic into their mathematics, or to bring mathematics into their magic. It includes articles such as card or magic tricks, the history behind given puzzles, and mathematically interesting objects involving the number seven.
- Author BiographyMartin Gardner is well-known for his Mathematical Games columns in Scientific American (which have been gathered into many volumes). Not a mathematician by trade or schooling, he also wrote on many other subjects, such as magic, philosophy, pseudoscience, religion, and literature - he edited the popular The Annotated Alice (Lewis Carroll). At age 94, he is still pursuing his interests and is active in the recreational mathematics community.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAlan H. Schoen,Ed Pegg,Tom Rodgers
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £15.50Trending at £15.74
- £15.90Trending at £18.02
- £11.84Trending at £12.48
- £8.70Trending at £8.77
- £4.75Trending at £4.99
- £9.10Trending at £9.16
- £5.62Trending at £6.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.