All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in paperback and just in time for the start of bee season, Marina Marchese's much-loved, inspirational, and practical memoir of learning to raise honeybees and launching her own successful honey business.
- Author BiographyC. Marina Marchese is the founder and owner of Red Bee Honey, which sells honey and natural products to gourmet food shops and fine restaurants all over the United States. (www.redbee.com) Certified by the American Apitherapy Society, she has trained as a honey judge at the University of Georgia and serves on the board of the Back Yard Beekeepers Association of Connecticut. Marina has written for Bee Culture magazine and The Journal of AmericanApitherapy Society, and Red Bee Honey was the cover story of the American Bee Journal in 2004. A graduate of the School of Visual Arts in New York City, she is also an award-winning illustrator and designer. Marina lives and tends bees in Weston, Connecticut. After receiving a degree in horticulture from UW Madison, Kim Flottum worked four years in the USDA Honey Bee Research Lab, studying pollination ecology. After that, he spent two years raising acres of fruits and vegetables, where bees played a large role. He brings this experience, plus nearly 20 years of writing and editing articles for beekeepers in the monthly magazine, Bee Culture. He is the publisher of books on honey bee pests and diseases, marketing, queen production, beekeeping history, beginning beekeeping, and the classic industry reference, The ABC & XYZ of Bee Culture.
- Author(s)C. Marina Marchese
- PublisherBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication24/03/2011
- GenreEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Content Note25 duotone illus
- Weight332 g
- Width158 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.86
- £6.41Trending at £7.34
- £9.26Trending at £11.41
- £11.25Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.70Trending at £7.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.