All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn overview of all aspects of Hong Kong English in a style designed for undergraduates and general readers.
- Author BiographyJane Setter, Senior Lecturer in Phonetics and Head of the Department of Applied Linguistics at the University of Reading, UK, is co-editor of Daniel Jones's English Pronouncing Dictionary (17th Edition, CUP 2006), and has published extensively on prosodic features in English pronunciation and phonology in Hong Kong English and other learner groups, as well as on intonation in speech pathologies such as Williams syndrome. Jane contributes regularly to the UCL Summer Course in English Phonetics. Cathy S.P. Wong received her PhD (Linguistics) from the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Both her BA (English) and MPh (TESL) degrees as well as her Postgraduate Diploma (Education) were awarded by The Chinese University of Hong Kong. She is currently an Assistant Professor and the Associate Head of the Department of English at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Her research interests lie in second language acquisition and English loanwords. Brian Chan taught English and linguistics at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and The Chinese University of Hong Kong, and now he is Assistant Professor at The Department of English, The University of Macau. His research interest is code-switching, and his recent publications can be found in Journal of Language and Social Psychology, Lingua, World Englishes and The Cambridge Handbook of Linguistic Code-switching.
- Author(s)Brian H.S. Chan,Cathy S. P. Wong,Jane Setter
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- Series TitleDialects of English
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps.
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £10.96Trending at £14.09
- £8.96Trending at £9.29
- £15.77Trending at £16.74
- £16.01Trending at £19.95
- £7.20Trending at £9.97
- £5.15Trending at £7.21
- £12.17Trending at £12.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.