All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPreviously published under the title: Hospital security.
- Author BiographyTony W. York, CPP, CHPA, has over twenty years' experience administering healthcare security programs and is chief operating officer for HSS Inc., a specialized security firm based in Denver. York, who is board certified in security management, holds the Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation and the Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) designation. A past president and board chair of the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety (IAHSS), York chairs the Council on Guidelines. This council produces the Healthcare Security Industry Guidelines and Healthcare Security Design Guidelines. A regular contributor to the advancement of the healthcare security field, York is recognized internationally as an industry expert and is a frequent lecturer and author on healthcare security and leadership. A native of North Carolina, he earned a B.S. degree in Criminal Justice from Appalachian State University, an M.S. in Loss Prevention & Safety from Eastern Kentucky University, and an MBA from the University of Denver. Don MacAlister, CHPA, is the Chief Operating Officer for Paladin Security Group, a privately owned full service security company and the largest provider of healthcare security in Canada. He has more than 35 years of experience in the security industry, learning the fundamentals while working in the federal prison system early in his career, before moving on to university security as a precursor to his nearly quarter century spent in healthcare, in both the public and private sectors. As the Executive Director of Integrated Protection Services, he oversaw security and parking for 27 hospitals and more than 300 community sites in the Vancouver-area, before moving to Paladin in 2011. Don is a past member of the IAHSS Board of Directors and has been a member of the Association's Council on Guidelines since 2008. Don was named Canada's Security Director of the Year in 2010. Originally from Scotland, he grew up on Canada's west coast, where he earned a B.A. degree in Criminal Justice from the University of the Fraser Valley.
- Author(s)Don MacAlister,Tony York
- PublisherElsevier - Health Sciences Division
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationWoburn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £8.34Trending at £10.35
- £14.08Trending at £19.06
- £10.67Trending at £11.26
- £6.92Trending at £7.31
- £8.85Trending at £8.99
- £7.76Trending at £8.06
- £16.63Trending at £17.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.