All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a collection of revised and expanded papers from the International Network for the History of Hospitals 2009 conference. It discusses a select group of hospitals and communities, including those based in Europe and the Americas, from three main perspectives: isolation and disease, communities and the poor, and war and hospitals.
- Author BiographyChristopher Bonfield is an E-Learning Resources Developer at Bishop Grosseteste University (Lincoln). Before this he was a Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate at the University of Hull and a temporary Lecturer in Medieval History and Knowledge Transfer at the University of East Anglia. He is the Secretariat of the INHH. His current research focuses on creating interactive websites and computer models for historical buildings and landscapes. Jonathan Reinarz is Director and Reader at the History of Medicine Unit, University of Birmingham. He has published on healthcare in Birmingham and the history of hospitals more generally. His main research concentrates on the history of medical institutions and medical education. Teresa Huguet-Termes is an Honorary Research Fellow at the History of Medicine Unit (School of Health and Population Sciences), University of Birmingham. She has written on hospital care and on health and medicine in Hapsburg Spain. She is currently researching a comparative history of the hospitals of the Crown of Aragon, France and England from 1300 to 1700, focusing on care as related to issues such as public health and environment.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note44, 32 ill. (b/w); 12 tabl.
- Weight620 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byChristopher Bonfield,Jonathan Reinarz,Teresa Huguet-Termes
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £14.58Trending at £21.30
- £16.96Trending at £25.00
- £9.85Trending at £10.56
- £16.99Trending at £17.93
- £7.78Trending at £8.30
- £12.34Trending at £13.16
- £12.76Trending at £13.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.