All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHouse MD is a globally successful and long running medical drama. This book employs a Jungian perspective to examine the psychological construction of the series and its namesake, Dr Gregory House. It investigates the extent to which the continued popularity of House MD has to do with its representation of deeply embedded cultural concerns.
- Author BiographyLuke Hockley, PhD, is Professor of Media Analysis in the Research Centre for Media, Art and Design (RIMAD) at the University of Bedfordshire, UK. Luke is co-editor of the International Journal of Jungian Studies (IJJS) and Jung and Film II: The Return, due to be published in 2011 by Routledge. Luke is also a psychotherapist in private practice in London and Bedfordshire. Leslie Gardner, PhD, studied at the University of Essex Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies in the rhetoric of Jung, considering Vico as a precursor. She is on the Executive Committee of the International Association of Jungian Studies, a web-based organisation. She is presently running an international literary agency in London and is an occasional lecturer on writing at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2010
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byLeslie Gardner,Luke J. Hockley
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.