All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy reading scenes from films alongside biblical texts, this book analyses biblical influence in culture. Through engagement with feminist, queer and ideological critical theories, it discusses the processes by which texts can disrupt identifications with the norms driving politics and culture.
- Author BiographyERIN RUNIONS is a postdoctoral Research Associate at the Center for Research on Women at Barnard College, Columbia University. Her work brings together politics, culture and the reading of biblical text, a task which she theorizes extensively in her recent work, Changing Subjects: Gender, Nation, Future in Micah. She is also actively involved in anti-colonial and anti-capitalist organizing.
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleReligion/Culture/Critique
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight415 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byErin Runions
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.