Best selling in Puzzles, Trivia & Indoor Games
Save on Puzzles, Trivia & Indoor Games
- £6.72Trending at £7.26
- £2.20Trending at £2.32
- £4.94Trending at £5.22
- £7.34Trending at £8.98
- £6.72Trending at £7.95
- £13.27Trending at £25.00
- £5.50Trending at £6.99
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2001, after over a decade in the business, Stewart Lee quit stand-up, disillusioned and drained, and went off to direct a loss-making musical, Jerry Springer: The Opera. In this book, he details his return to live performance, and the journey that took him from an early retirement to his position as a critically acclaimed stand-up in Britain.
- Author BiographyStewart Lee began stand-up in 1988 at the age of 20, and won the Hackney Empire new act of the year award in 1990. In 2001 he was asked to write the libretto for Jerry Springer: The Opera which went on to win four Olivier awards. His most recent stand-up shows have been Stand Up Comedian (2004), 90s Comedian (2005), 41st Best Stand-up Comedian (2007), If You Prefer a Milder Comedian, Please Ask for One (2009) and Carpet Remnant World (2012). Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, featuring stand-up shows and sketches, has run for three series on BBC2 since 2009, and won the BAFTA for Best Comedy Programme in 2012.
- Author(s)Stewart Lee
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- GenreHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight535 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementSigned ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.