All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTime is of the essence in the management of stroke. This book offers a concise and practical guide on how to set up and run an acute stroke service. It is written by experts with personal experience in creating and operating a world class stroke unit.
- Author BiographyProfessor Iris Quasar Grunwald studied Medicine in Germany and did her residency training in Neurology and Radiology at the Saarland University, where she became Co-director and Associate Professor of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology. She obtained her PhD in Radiology and Neuroradiology and a Master in Health Economics and Hospital Management. Dr. Grunwald has published more than 70 peer reviewed articles and several book chapters, mainly in the field of neurointervention. She has specific expertise in procedures such as intracerebral intra-arterial fibrinolysis and thrombectomy for emergency stroke therapy and intracranial angioplasty and stenting. Professor Grunwald has an international reputation in implementing acute stroke interventions and has been involved with research projects related to building and enabling acute stroke interventions regionally within the Saarland, nationally within Germany as well as internationally as European Principal Investigator in international clinical trials related to revascularisation in acute stroke. In addition she has conducted several lecture tours to leading US clinical stroke centers on the subjects of acute stroke intervention and management. In February 2009 she transferred her practice to the UK, Oxford University, to build up a stroke service within the Acute Vascular Imaging Centre in Oxford from where she leads several international trials.
- Author(s)Ajay K. Wakhloo,Iris Q. Grunwald,Klaus Fassbender
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication12/01/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note73 black & white illustrations, 163 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight386 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2012
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.