All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers various dimensions of the relationship between human capital and development. It examines the role of technology, government policy measures, education, and energy in fostering development in an emerging economy.
- Author BiographyN. S. Siddharthan retired as Professor and Head, V.K.R.V. Rao Centre for Studies in Globalisation, Institute of Economic Growth, University of Delhi, and is currently Honorary Professor at the Madras School of Economics, Chennai and Honorary Director, Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing. His current research interests include technology and globalisation, international economics, multinational corporations, and industrial organisation. His latest published works include Changing Policy Regimes and Corporate Performance (co-authored with B.L. Pandit, OUP, 2009) and High-tech Industries, Employment and Global Competitiveness (co-edited with S.R. Hashim, Routledge, 2008) among others. K. Narayanan is Institute Chair Professor & Head, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. His research areas are development economics, industrial economics, international business, industry-environment linkages, socio-economic impacts of climate change. His recent publications include research papers in Technovation, Oxford Development Studies, International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, and Indian and Chinese Enterprises: Global Trade, Technology and Investment Regimes (co-edited with N. S. Siddharthan, Routledge, 2010).
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2012
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Notebiography
- Weight415 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byKrishnan Narayanan,N. S. Siddharthan,Natteri Siddharthan
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.