All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the concepts of human genetics in clear, concise language and provides relevant examples that you can apply to yourself, your family, and your work environment. The author explains the origin, nature, and amount of genetic diversity present in the human population and how that diversity has been shaped by natural selection.
- Author BiographyMichael Cummings is the author and coauthor of a number of widely used college textbooks, including BIOLOGY: SCIENCE AND LIFE; CONCEPTS OF GENETICS; GENETICS: A MOLECULAR PERSPECTIVE; ESSENTIALS OF GENETICS; HUMAN HEREDITY; and HUMAN GENETICS AND SOCIETY. He has also written articles on aspects of genetics for the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and has published a newsletter on advances in human genetics for instructors and students. He received his Ph.D. in Biological Sciences from Northwestern University. His doctoral work, conducted in the laboratory of Dr. R.C. King, centered on ovarian development in Drosophila melanogaster. After a year on the faculty at Northwestern, he moved to the University of Illinois at Chicago, where for many years he held teaching and research positions. In 2003, he joined the faculty in the Department of Biology at the Illinois Institute of Technology, and currently holds the title of Research Professor. His current research interests involve the organization of DNA sequences in the short-arm and centromere region of human chromosome 21. He is engaged in a collaborative effort to construct a physical map of this region of chromosome 21 for the purpose of exploring molecular mechanisms of chromosome interactions. At the undergraduate level, he has focused on teaching genetics, human genetics for non-majors, and general biology to majors and non-majors. He has received awards given by the university faculty for outstanding teaching, has twice been voted by graduating seniors as the best teacher in their years on campus, and has received several teaching awards from student organizations.
- Author(s)Michael Cummings
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight975 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.24
- £6.40Trending at £7.36
- £5.94Trending at £6.39
- £23.94Trending at £24.73
- £10.31Trending at £11.81
- £4.53Trending at £6.46
- £7.81Trending at £8.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.