All listings for this product
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £42.52Trending at £46.06
- £23.09Trending at £23.74
- £9.86Trending at £10.06
- £32.42Trending at £34.84
- £17.36Trending at £22.85
- £7.64Trending at £8.29
- £15.76Trending at £18.03
About this product
- DescriptionArgues that it is not only possible but of the highest exigency to understand one's humanity through the humanity of others. This book also argues that the humanity of the human is found in the recognition that the other person comes first, that the suffering and mortality of others are the obligations and morality of the self.
- Author BiographyEmmanuel Levinas (1906-95) is the author of Time and the Other,Totality and Infinity,Otherwise than Being or Beyond Essence, and many other philosophical texts. Nidra Poller is the translator of Ahmadou Kourouma's Monnew and Michael Jeanneret's Perpetual Motion.Richard A. Cohen is the Isaac Swift Distinguished Professor of Judaic Studies at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and the translator of many Levinas books.
- Author(s)Emmanuel Levinas
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2005
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Translated byNidra Poller
- Introduction byRichard A. Cohen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.