Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis presentation of the theory of hyperbolic conservation laws illustrates the essential role of continuum thermodynamics in providing motivation and direction for the development of the mathematical theory.
- Author BiographyProfessor Dafermos received a Diploma in Civil Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens (1964) and a Ph.D. in Mechanics from the Johns Hopkins University (1967). He has served as Assistant Professor at Cornell University (1968-1971),and as Associate Professor (1971-1975) and Professor (1975- present) in the Division of Applied Mathematics at Brown University. In addition, Professor Dafermos has served as Director of the Lefschetz Center of Dynamical Systems (1988-1993, 2006-2007), as Chairman of the Society for Natural Philosophy (1977-1978) and as Secretary of the International Society for the Interaction of Mathematics and Mechanics. Since 1984, he has been the Alumni-Alumnae University Professor at Brown. In addition to several honorary degrees, he has received the SIAM W.T. and Idalia Reid Prize (2000), the Cataldo e Angiola Agostinelli Prize of the Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei (2011), the Galileo Medal of the City of Padua (2012), and the Prize of the International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics (2014). He was elected a Fellow of SIAM (2009) and a Fellow of the AMS (2013). In 2016 he received the Wiener Prize, awarded jointly by the American Mathematical Society (AMS) and the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM).
- Author(s)Constantine M. Dafermos
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/11/2011
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDie Grundlehren der Mathematischen Wissenschaften
- Series Part/Volume Number325
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1110 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 3rd ed. 2010
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.