All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the middle of the 20th century, Turkish playwriting has been notable for its verve and versatility. This is the collection of modern Turkish plays in English, with subjects ranging from ancient Anatolian mythology and Ottoman history to contemporary social issues, family dramas, and ribald comedy from Turkey's cities and rural areas.
- Author BiographyTalat S. Halman is professor and chairman of the Department of Turkish Literature at Bilkent University in Ankara. He has written or edited more than seventy-five books, including Ibrahim the Mad and Other Plays: An Anthology of Modern Turkish Drama, Volume One, and Nightingales and Pleasure Gardens: Turkish Love Poems, also published by Syracuse University Press. Jayne L. Warner is director of research at the Institute for Aegean Prehistory in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2008
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleMiddle East Literature in Translation
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Notebiographical notes
- Weight658 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJayne L. Warner,Talat Sait Halman
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.87Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.