All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite their central role in many forms of music-making, drummers have been largely neglected in the scholarly literature on music and education. Drawing on data collected from in-depth interviews and questionnaires, Gareth Dylan Smith explores the identities, practices and learning of teenage and adult kit drummers in and around London.
- Author BiographyGareth Dylan Smith is a drummer, teacher and scholar based in London, England. He plays mostly rock, punk, folk, blues and musical theatre, and has performed, taught and presented his research on four continents. Gareth writes for DrDrumsBlog.com and is Editor at SUS Music. In his 41-year career, Bill Bruford, who has generously provided the Foreword to this volume, has played with Yes, King Crimson and Genesis, as well has his own groups, Bruford and Earthwords. Bruford retired from public performance in 2009, but he continues to be active as a speaker and lecturer.
- Author(s)Gareth Dylan Smith
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleSEMPRE Studies in the Psychology of Music
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 4 b&w illustrations
- Weight588 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Graham Welch
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.81Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.