All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1927 as J.L. Hardy's first book, this is the remarkable true story of the Great War's most prolific escape artist. Being a intermittent PoW for three-and-a-half years, Hardy made twelve escape attempts from PoW camps, five of which were successful.
- Author BiographyCaptain Jocelyn Lee Hardy DSO MC was a British Army officer famed for his courage on the battlefield and repeated escapes from German prisoner of war camps during the First World War, the details of which are found in this book. Born in 1894 and seeing action in the war as earlier as 24 August 1914, Hardy's unit acted as a rearguard to cover the retreat of 5th Infantry Brigade at Le Grand Fayt. On 26 August Hardy was reported as missing in action and spent the best part of the next three and a half years as a prisoner of war. Hardy continued to serve in the Army until 1925 when he retired on account of ill-health. He was the author of seven books, I Escape! being his first. He died in 1958, aged sixty-three.
- Author(s)J. L. Hardy
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note6 B&W pics and maps
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine0 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.26Trending at £26.32
- £14.58Trending at £20.77
- £10.50Trending at £14.30
- £8.42Trending at £9.98
- £14.07Trending at £15.02
- £10.82Trending at £13.53
- £9.99Trending at £10.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.