All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionCompulsive buying is a serious, often secretive affliction, with profound emotional, social, occupational, and financial consequences. This book provides information about this disorder.
- Author BiographyApril Benson, Ph.D., is a co-founder of the Center for the Study of Anorexia and Bulimia and a member of the Board of Directors, Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy, both in New York City. She has worked on the problem of compulsive shopping for more than a decade-doing research, treating patients, and training therapists-and has developed a comprehensive treatment program to help eliminate it. She has written about the treatment of compulsive buying and about social factors, social costs, and public policy related to compulsive buying and been quoted in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Harper's Bazaar, and The Los Angeles Times. Dr. Benson has discussed compulsive shopping on numerous radio and television shows, including Good Morning, America and The Today Show. She maintains a private practice in Manhattan. Please click here to visit April Benson's website.
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2000
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteindex, references
- Weight1003 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byApril Lane Benson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.