All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Laura M. Crothers,Shane R. Jimerson,Tammy L. Hughes
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/11/2010
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDevelopmental Psychopathology at School
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight266 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2008
- Table Of ContentsCauses.- Incidence and Associated Conditions.- Case Finding, Screening, and Referral.- Diagnostic Assessment.- Psychoeducational Assessment.- Treatment.
- Author BiographyTammy L. Hughes, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of School Psychology at Duquesne University. She is the author and co-author of numerous journal articles and chapters. She has instructed graduate level seminars in development, assessment, and treatment of children who evidence social and emotional difficulties. Her related publications include lead guest editor of a special issue ( Differentiation of Emotional Disturbance and Social Maladjustment ) in Psychology in the Schools, book chapters addressing the topics of child violence, and understanding the relationship between emotional dysregulation and conduct problems in children. In addition to her scholarly writing, Dr. Hughes has provided scholarly presentations at national and international conferences and professional sessions for local and state constituents. Dr. Hughes is currently the Vice President of Publication, Communications and Convention Affairs for Division 16 (School Psychology) of the American Psychological Association (APA). She is past president of Trainers of School Psychologists and continues to serve on many national boards. She is the Associate Editor for Psychology in the Schools, and serves on the Editorial Board of School Psychology Quarterly. She also provides professional reviews of manuscripts for International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology and Current Issues in Education. Laura M. Crothers, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the school psychology program in the Department of Counseling, Psychology, and Special Education at Duquesne University. Dr. Crothers, who is a New Jersey-, Pennsylvania-, and nationally certified school psychologist, has been recognized as a national expert in childhood bullying by the National Association of School Psychologists. She teaches the graduate-level consultation seminars in school psychology at Duquesne University, and has taught courses in counseling, development, and educational psychology at Indiana University of Pennsylvania and Slippery Rock University. Dr. Crothers has contributed to the source literature by studying bullying in children and adolescents, and is currently investigating the effects of job stress and locus of control upon teachers' behavior management styles, assisting teachers in managing student behavior problems in the classroom, using guidance curricular techniques to manage female adolescent peer aggression, and bullying of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth. In addition to her scholarly writing, Dr. Crothers has delivered lectures and conducted presentations regionally, nationally, and internationally. Dr. Crothers provides professional reviews of manuscripts for the Communique, School Psychology Review, the Trainers' Forum, and the Journal of Research in Rural Education. Shane R. Jimerson, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Counseling, Clinical, and School Psychology Program and Associate Dean for Research at the University of California, Santa Barbara in the United States. Among over 150 professional publications, he is a co-author of a five-book grief support group curriculum series (The Mourning Child Grief Support Group Curriculum (Taylor and Francis), co-author of Assessing, Identifying, and Treating Autism at School (Springer) and a co-editor of Best Practices in School Crisis Prevention and Intervention (National Association of School Psychologists), the lead editor of The Handbook of School Violence and School Safety (Lawrence Earlbaum, Inc), the lead editor of The Handbook of International School Psychology (Sage) and the lead editor of The Handbook of Response to Intervention: The Science and Practice of Assessment and Intervention (Springer). He serves as the Editor of The California School Psychologist journal, Associate Editor of School Psychology Review, and is on the editorial boards of the Journal of School Psychology and School Psychology Quarterly. Dr. Jimerson has chaired and served on numerous boards and advisory committees at
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.