All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Laurance Joseph Splitter
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication06/05/2015
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Notebiography
- Weight520 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Chapter 1 Introduction.- Chapter 2 The formal home of identity: mathematics and logic.- Chapter 3 Identity in the world of objects and their kinds.- Chapter 4 Natural kinds and identity.- Chapter 5 Who or what am I?.- Chapter 6 The world of persons and the Principle of Personal Worth I.- Chapter 7 Religions, nations, cultures, traditions, roles and other supra-persons: The Principle of Personal Worth II.- Chapter 8 Identity, personhood and education.
- Author BiographyLaurance J. Splitter studied at Monash University and the University of Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar. He is currently Professor of Education and Philosophy at the Hong Kong Institute of Education, where he is also Director of General Education. He is a renowned scholar and educator in the field of Philosophy for Children and was responsible for introducing philosophy into Australian schools and classrooms during the 1980s and 1990s. He has published widely on such topics as transforming classrooms into communities of inquiry, values and citizenship education, dialogue and issues relating to identity, citizenship and culture and cultivating the life of the mind. He reaches, with one hand, into the murky but intriguing depths of analytic philosophy and, with the other, to the practical reality of classrooms, teachers and learners, in an attempt to sharpen the way students and teachers think about important issues. He also seeks to reconcile his esteem for family, friends and colleagues with his suspicion of collectives, nations, traditions and roles.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.