Best selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.35Trending at £16.72
- £23.57Trending at £26.99
- £10.26Trending at £11.05
- £10.82Trending at £12.06
- £15.39Trending at £16.58
- £16.34Trending at £16.85
- £12.24Trending at £12.58
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight726 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byMark A. McDaniel,Michael Pressley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
- Table Of ContentsI: Theoretical Perspectives.- 1 A Dual Coding Perspective on Encoding Processes.- 2 Mnemonic Devices and Memory Schemas.- 3 A Theoretical Account of Encoding and Retrieval Processes in the Use of Imagery-Based Mnemonic Techniques: The Special Case of the Keyword Method.- 4 Distinctiveness and the Mnemonic Benefits of Bizarre Imagery.- 5 Bizarreness and the Imagery Multiprocess Model.- 6 Yet Another Picture of Imagery: The Roles of Shared and Distinctive Information in Memory.- 7 Reversing the Picture Superiority Effect.- II: Individual Differences.- 8 Individual Differences in the Control of Imagery Processing: Knowing How, Knowing When, and Knowing Self.- 9 Individual Imagery Differences and Prose Processing.- 10 Imagery and Memory in the Blind: A Review.- 11 Development of Elaboration and Organization in Different Socioeconomic-Status and Ethnic Populations.- 12 Elaborative Propensities During Adolescence: The Relationships Among Memory Knowledge, Strategy Behavior, and Memory Performance.- 13 The Development of Good Strategy Use: Imagery and Related Mnemonic Strategies.- III Applications.- 14 The Efficacy of Imagery Mnemonics Following Brain Damage.- 15 Special Educational Applications of Mnemonics.- 16 Mnemonic Instruction in Special Education.- 17 Explorations in Mnemonic Training.- 18 Mnemonic Prose-Learning Strategies.- 19 Process Mnemonics: Principles, Prospects, and Problems.- 20 The Role of Mnemonic Strategies in Study Effectiveness.- Author Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.