All listings for this product
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.26Trending at £26.32
- £14.58Trending at £20.77
- £14.07Trending at £15.02
- £10.50Trending at £14.30
- £10.82Trending at £13.53
- £9.85Trending at £10.30
- £7.78Trending at £8.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe Roman empire remains unique. Although Rome claimed to rule the world, it did not. In approaching this problem, the author asks, Why did the empire last so long? It argues that the longevity of the empire rested not on Roman military power but on a gradually realized consensus that Roman rule was justified.
- Author BiographyClifford Ando, Professor of Classics, History, and the College at the University of Chicago, is author of Imperial Ideology and Provincial Loyalty in the Roman Empire (UC Press), winner of the Charles J. Goodwin Award of Merit from the American Philological Association, among other books.
- Author(s)Clifford Ando
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication03/10/2000
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleClassics and Contemporary Thought
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note7 b/w photographs
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.