All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.34Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.45Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.71
About this product
- DescriptionAttempts to bridge the gap between research on substance abuse treatment programs and what actually goes on in the field of substance abuse treatment. This book is aimed at both the academic and practitioner market and it describes how to determine what evidence based practice is.
- Author BiographyMichele (Mickey) Eliason, PhD, is an adjunct professor at the Institute for Health and Aging at the University of California, San Francisco. She also teaches courses about sexuality and gender at San Francisco State University. Formerly, she was a faculty member in the College of Nursing at the University of Iowa for nearly 20 years. Dr. Eliason has been an applied researcher in the substance abuse treatment field for over 15 years, and is particularly interested in diverse populations including women and sexual/gender minority clients. Her interest in the evidence-based practice movement came out of a four year involvement with the Iowa Practice Improvement Collaborative, funded by CSAT to develop a statewide practice-research collaboration. This highly rewarding experience highlighted the complex barriers to implementing evidence-based practices in the poorly funded and stigmatized settings of community based treatment programs.
- Author(s)Michele J. Eliason
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/07/2007
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleSage Sourcebooks for the Human Services
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.