All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2002, young Fadime Sahindal was brutally murdered by her own father, because her relationship with a man outside of their community had deeply dishonored her family. This book narrates her story, along with the testimonies of her father, mother, and two sisters.
- Author BiographyUnni Wikan is professor of social anthropology at the University of Oslo and the author of nine books. Her most recent work in English is Generous Betrayal: Politics of Culture in the New Europe, also published by the University of Chicago Press. Anna Paterson is the author of Scotland's Landscape: Endangered Icon.
- Author(s)Unni Wikan
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication20/03/2008
- GenreCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight536 g
- Width151 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Translated byAnna Paterson
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £11.85Trending at £12.26
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.