CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.26Trending at £26.69
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe present collection was written to commemorate the third centenary of the death of the Portuguese Jesuit, Tomas Pereira (1645-1708).
- Author BiographyArtur K. Wardega, SJ, is Director of the Macau Ricci Institute and a specialist in 20th-century Chinese and French literature. He has written several articles published in the Macau Ricci Institute's quarterly Chinese Cross Currents and in scholarly journals in China and abroad. His recent publications include a French translation of the novel Lishan nongchang by the renowned Hakka writer Zhong Lihe (1915-60) under the title La Ferme de la Montagne Li (Arras, 2010). He edited the 2007 MRI Symposium proceedings under the title Belief, History and Individual in Modern Chinese Literary Culture (Cambridge, 2009) and (with Anders Hansson) Portrait of a Jesuit: Matteo Ricci (MRI Jesuitas Publication Series; Macau, 2010). Recently he edited a trilingual book jointly published by the MRI and Centre Sevres of Paris, Playing Bach in France and in China: An Encounter of Musicians in Macau (Macau, 2011). Antonio Vasconcelos de Saldanha is Full Professor at Lisbon Technical University and Visiting Professor at the University of Macau. He is the Editor of the journal Daxiyangguo: Revista Portuguesa de Estudos Asiaticos and Vice President of the Instituto do Oriente of Lisbon Technical University. His publications include articles and books on the history of political ideas and international law, diplomacy, Portuguese imperial institutions, Jesuit missions in Asia, and Sino-Portuguese relations, e.g. De Kangxi para o Papa pela via de Portugal: Documentos relativos a intervencao de Portugal e da Companhia de Jesus na questao dos Ritos Chineses e nas relacoes entre o Imperador Kangxi e a Santa Se (Lisbon and Macao, 2003). Saldanha is a member of several learned societies and was President of the Instituto Portugues do Oriente in 2002-05 and Consul General of Portugal in Macao and Hong Kong for cultural affairs. He is part of the team translating the 'Acta Pekinensia' for the Macau Ricci Institute and is finishing a project of comparative research on the origins of the Jesuit court mission in China.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- GenreChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byAntonio Vasconcelos de Saldanha,Artur K. Wardega
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.