All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited book brings together chapters which collectively address issues relating to inclusive language education and technology. It links a theoretical background to policy in Europe, and uses theory to inform practical ideas and strategies for practising and aspiring language teachers and those in support roles.
- Author BiographyDr Elina Vilar Beltran is a language instructor at Queen Mary, University of London. Modern languages education and accessibility have been her main areas of study since she started her post-doctoral training at King's College London. Other areas of interest are digital literacies, intercultural communication and language development in the study abroad context. Dr Chris Abbott is Reader in e-Inclusion at King's College London. He specialises in teaching and research around literacy, language and assistive technologies, especially with regard to students identified as having learning difficulties. He has led a number of research projects on aspects of technology and disability, and is the author of ICT: Changing Education (2000) and SEN and the Internet: Issues for the Inclusive Classroom (2002). Dr Jane Jones is Senior Lecturer in MFL Teacher Education at King's College London. Her research interests include the development and embedding of effective formative assessment practices in language teaching and learning, especially with student teachers, and the promotion of self-regulatory strategies by pupils of all abilities and all ages to manage their own learning.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on Language and Education
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight270 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byChris Abbott,Elina Vilar Beltran,Jane Jones
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £7.47Trending at £7.58
- £6.20Trending at £6.93
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
- £6.77Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.