All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing religio-philosophical discourses and narratives from epic, puranic, and hagiographical literature, Indian Asceticism focuses on the powers exhibited by ascetics of India from ancient to modern time.
- Author BiographyCarl Olson is Professor of Religous Studies at Allegheny College. Besides numerous essays in journals, books and encyclopedias, he has published 17 books on subjects such as Hinduism, Buddhism, comparative philosophy, and method and theory in the study of religion. His most recent books include Celibacy in Religious Traditions and The Allure of Decadent Thinking: Religious Studies and the Challenge of Postmodernism, both published by Oxford University Press.
- Author(s)Carl Olson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight392 g
- Width164 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.98
- £14.58Trending at £21.02
- £14.24Trending at £14.66
- £10.50Trending at £14.49
- £9.85Trending at £10.42
- £10.82Trending at £15.35
- £16.99Trending at £17.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.