All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reviews techniques of indirect questioning, including various versions of randomized response, the item count technique, the nominative technique, the three-card method and negative surveys, and explores the key aspect of protecting privacy.
- Author BiographyProfessor Arijit Chaudhuri is currently an honorary visiting professor in the Applied Statistics Unit (ASU) at the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata, India (since 1 September 2005). He retired as a Professor from the ISI on 31 August 2002, where he then continued to work as a CSIR Emeritus Scientist for three years up to 31 August 2005. Professor Chaudhuri holds a Ph.D. in Statistics from Calcutta University, where he graduated. He worked as a Post-Doctoral Researcher for two years at the University of Sydney (1973-75). He worked on invitation with various assignments including Visiting Professorships at universities/statistical offices in the USA, Canada, England, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, Israel, Cyprus, Turkey, Cuba, and South Africa (for long durations during 1979-2009). He has successfully mentored 10 Ph.D. students. To date he has published over 150 papers in peer-reviewed journals, a few of them jointly with his students and colleagues. He is the author of more than six books on the field of survey sampling and in particular on randomized response. Tasos C. Christofides is a Professor at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, the University of Cyprus. He completed his Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences at Johns Hopkins University in 1987. From 1987 until 1991 he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the State University of New York at Binghamton. In 1991 he joined the newly founded University of Cyprus and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, becoming its first Chairman. His areas of expertise include indirect questioning techniques and probability inequalities. He serves on the editorial board of various journals of statistics. He has participated in a number of research projects and has provided consulting services for various organizations including the Statistical Service of Cyprus.
- Author(s)Arijit Chaudhuri,Tasos C. Christofides
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.