All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAddresses the knowledge accumulated by social stratification scholars and challenges students to apply this information to their social world.
- Author BiographyLisa A. Keister is a professor of sociology and the Director of the Markets and Management Program at Duke University. She conducts research on wealth inequality, asset accumulation and the causes of each. She is the author of Getting Rich: America's New Rich and How They Got There (Cambridge University Press, 2005) and Wealth in America (Cambridge University Press, 2000). Her research on Chinese corporations and the country's economic transition appeared in her book Chinese Business Groups (2000) as well as various articles. Darby E. Southgate is an assistant professor of sociology at Los Angeles Valley College and a research consultant. Her primary research interests are poverty, education and culture. Her research investigates the intersection of socioeconomic status, education and culture. She has authored numerous entries on culture, specifically on music and society. She also consults for agencies aiming to reduce homelessness and poverty through education.
- Author(s)Darby E. Southgate,Lisa A. Keister
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/01/2012
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note41 b/w illus. 40 tables 50 exercises
- Weight700 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.