All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChallenges arguments that expanding inequality is the natural, perhaps necessary, accompaniment of economic growth. This book stresses that economic fortune depends more on social circumstances than on IQ, which is itself a product of society.
- PrizesRunner-up for Gustavus Myers Outstanding Book Award 1998.
- Author(s)Ann Swidler,Claude S. Fischer,Kim Voss,Martin S. Jankowski,Michael Hout,Samuel Roundfield Lucas
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication08/07/1996
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note13 tables 25 line drawings 20 figs.
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.