All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.21
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.02Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the global impact of infertility as a major reproductive health issue, one that has profoundly affected the lives of countless women and men. This title investigates the use of reproductive technologies in non-Western countries.
- Author BiographyMarcia C. Inhorn is Associate Professor in the Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, International Institute, and the Department of Anthropology at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Her books include Quest for Conception: Gender, Infertility, and Egyptian Medical Traditions (1994) and Infertility and Patriarchy: The Cultural Politics of Gender and Family Life in Egypt (1996). She is coeditor of The Anthropology of Infectious Disease: International Health Perspectives (1997). Frank van Balen is Associate Professor of Education and in the Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Amsterdam. He is the author of three books in Dutch on childlessness, infertility, and new reproductive technologies, as well as a large number of articles on these subjects in international journals.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2002
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 line illustration, 2 tables
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFrank van Balen,Marcia C. Inhorn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.