All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.38Trending at £4.87
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £8.99Trending at £9.58
- £7.43Trending at £8.71
- £14.54Trending at £15.19
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an overview of a variety of applications of IT in the field of Languages for Specific Purposes (LSP). This book is intended for LSP teachers and researchers. It includes educational projects and research studies situated in specific educational contexts and in particular geographical locations.
- Author BiographyThe editors of the volume have ample experience teaching LSP at Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya. They have been involved in materials writing, in educational projects and in research related to LSP and, more specifically, to the impact of IT on LSP. English for Academic Purposes: Learning English through the Web (2001) and A Reading Course for Computing (2001) are among the most recent textbooks developed by the authors of the volume proposed here. The authors are currently developing an IT-based project funded by Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (2000), which consists in creating a virtual environment with learning resources for technical students of English. They received an award for an innovative teaching experience which involves the use of IT in LSP in 2001. In addition, the authors have also published several articles directly related to the scope of the volume.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/02/2006
- GenreLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleEducational Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight581 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAntonia Soler Cervera,Carmen Rueda Ramos,Elisabet Arno Macia
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.