All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy has the West developed and modernized, while the Muslim world has lagged behind? Why has democracy not found a hospitable home in much of the Muslim world? And why have the opponents of innovation found their message so resonant with ordinary Muslims? This volume offers analyses of the history, causes, and consequences to innovation in Islam.
- Author BiographyMehran Kamrava is Interim Dean of Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service in Qatar and also the Director of the School's Center for International and Regional Studies. He is the author of The Modern Middle East: A Political History since the First World War (second edition, UC Press) and Iran's Intellectual Revolution. He has also edited The New Voices of Islam: Rethinking Politics and Modernity (UC Press).
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication18/04/2011
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note14 b/w photographs
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMehran Kamrava
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £14.58Trending at £21.50
- £9.85Trending at £10.66
- £16.99Trending at £18.09
- £7.78Trending at £8.38
- £12.34Trending at £13.28
- £12.76Trending at £13.28
- £4.98Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.