Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.51Trending at £10.23
- £13.86Trending at £14.27
- £41.00Trending at £49.96
- £8.19Trending at £11.99
- £23.41Trending at £25.49
- £20.64Trending at £21.94
- £17.46Trending at £19.78
About this product
- DescriptionExamines a range of human problems that are institutionalized forms of violence, including poverty, parenting, sexism, and racism.
- Author BiographyDEANE CURTIN is Professor of Philosophy and Sponberg Chair of Ethics at Gustavus Adolphus College, where he directs the Community Development in India program, a national program for college students based in Madras. He has lived in Japan and India, recently returning from a semester in India spent studying the effects of the GATT agreement on indigenous peoples. In addition to coediting this volume, his books include (with Lisa Heldke) Cooking, Eating, Thinking: Transformative Philosophies of Food (1992), and the forthcoming Chinnagounder's Challenge: The Question of Ecological Citizenship. ROBERT LITKE teaches philosophy at Wilfrid Laurier University. He specializes in issues of power, violence, and peace. He has published and delivered lectures on these themes in Canada, Great Britain, Israel, and the United States. He is coeditor of this volume.
- Author(s)Deane Curtin,Robert Litke
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePhilosophy of Peace
- Series Part/Volume Number88
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.