All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique text is the first book designed to systematically help students and clients integrate the 12-step treatment process with psychotherapy.
- Author BiographyDr. Kevin A. Osten earned a B.A. from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee and a Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology. He has worked in psychiatric hospitals for most of the past 20 years, most recently as the Clinical Coordinator of Adult Outpatient Services at Chicago Lakeshore Hospital, where he remains on staff today as an Allied Health Professional. His work in the past decade has been focused on providing clinical care to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community coping with severe mental illness and/or addictions. He became the Director of the LGBTQ Mental Health and Inclusion Center at the Adler School of Professional Psychology in 2011, where he is also core faculty in the Psy.D. program. He remains active in his private practice utilizing an integrative approach in psychotherapy. Dr. Robert Switzer earned a BA from The State University of New York at Buffalo and a Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology. Since 1990, his professional work has focused on psychotherapy and diagnostics, with a focus on substance abuse and substance dependence. He has worked in inpatient and outpatient settings, primarily with adults. He has also been an adjunct faculty member at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology since 2000 and a core faculty member since 2008. He continues to be active in his private practice, where he provides individual psychotherapy using an eclectic approach including aspects of psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, rogerian and 12-Step based techniques. His interests include substance abuse and addictive disorders, 12-Step work, depression, psychodynamic psychotherapy, severe personality disorders, diagnostics, personality assessment, and a recent interest in integrative psychotherapy. Dr. Switzer is also an avid cycler and can often be found bicycling around the Chicagoland area, even during weather when he really should be indoors.
- Author(s)Kevin A. Osten,Robert J. Switzer
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication09/07/2013
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.