All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
About this product
- DescriptionDemonstrates how metabolism and energetics are directly linked to those signal transduction pathways that are essential to survival of the cell, the organism, and the species. This book explores recurring patterns of interaction among metabolism, energetics, and signal transduction are fundamental in diverse aspects of human health and disease.
- Author BiographyRobert K. Ockner, M.D., Professor of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, graduated from Pomona College and Harvard Medical School, and completed clinical and research training at Boston City Hospital, National Institutes of Health, and Massachusetts General Hospital. He is former Director of the UCSF Division of Gastroenterology and the UCSF Liver Center, and served as Editor of Gastroenterology, Co-Editor of Progress in Liver Diseases, and Associate Editor of the Journal of Lipid Research. He and colleagues initially identified and characterized the cytosolic fatty acid binding proteins.
- Author(s)Robert K. Ockner
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers Group
- Date of Publication15/04/2004
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleBioengineering, Mechanics, and Materials: Principles and Applications in Sport S.
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintKluwer Academic / Plenum Publishers
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight974 g
- Width165 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.