All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntellectual Property (IP) is one of the most vital assets for any business organization. This book aims to provide a basic understanding of various forms of IP that business organizations need to protect, and to analyze and understand IP management and strategy through case studies.
- Author BiographyRodney D Ryder is a leading technology, intellectual property, and corporate lawyer. He is the founding partner at Scriboard(R). He is presently Advisor to the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India on the implementation of the Information Technology Act, 2000. Mr. Ryder has been nominated as a Leading Lawyer in intellectual property, technology, communications, and media law by Asia Law, Who's Who Legal, Asia Legal 500, among other international publications. He was named as one of Indian Lawyer 250's 40 under 45 last year in recognition for his work. His second book, Intellectual Property and the Internet, published by LexisNexis is perhaps the only one of its kind in Asia. The text has been acknowledged to be an authoritative work by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India and has been quoted in the first and only judgment by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India on domain names. He is advisor to the National Internet Exchange of India (NiXI) and a member of the panel of independent and neutral arbitrators with NiXI. He has authored the following books: * Guide to Cyber Laws (E-commerce, the Information Technology Act, 2000, Data protection and the Internet) (LexisNexis Butterworths Wadhwa Nagpur, India) * Intellectual Property and the Internet (LexisNexis, 2002) * Brands, Trademarks and Advertising (LexisNexis, 2004) * Internet Law and Policy (Oxford University Press, 2010) * Drafting Corporate and Commercial Agreements: Legal Drafting Guidelines, Forms and Precedents (Universal Law Publishing, 2005; Reprint 2007). * An Introduction to Internet Law and Policy: A Course Book on Cyber Law (LexisNexis Butterworths Wadhwa Nagpur, India, 2007) Ashwin Madhavan is Co-founder and Director of Enhelion Knowledge Ventures Pvt. Ltd., heading the Strategic Alliances and Operations team. He is also a lawyer at Scriboard-Advocates and Legal Consultants, where he advises clients on intellectual property, management, and information technology issues. He completed his law from Gujarat National Law University and an LLM in Technology Laws and Intellectual Property Laws from Dalhousie University, Canada. He is a founding member of Enhelion. His areas of expertise are domain names and cyber squatting, trademarks, copyrights, and information technology laws. He is a former member of the Canadian Bar Association. He has advised various Fortune 500 companies on various aspects of India's technology and IP laws. He has written several articles for various journals, national, and international publications. He was a member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Legal Research, GNLU, and also a member of Law Wire's Editorial Board. Mr. Madhavan loves to read books related to history, business management, and foreign policy. He has travelled extensively to different parts of the globe. He has taken part in discussions pertaining to India's foreign policy matters at Jawaharlal Nehru University. He has conducted workshops on intellectual property and management in Indian law schools and universities. He recently was an instructor at a training program on Intellectual Property and the Plant Varieties Act organized by the Ministry of Agriculture-Government of India for scientists. Very recently he was invited to be a speaker at the U.S.-India Business Council summit on intellectual property held in Gujarat National Law University. During his spare time, he practices yoga and plays the piano. This is his first book. He can be contacted at email@example.com
- Author(s)Ashwin Madhavan,Rodney D. Ryder
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2014
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.