All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- Date of Publication31/03/1991
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleStudies in History and Philosophy of Science
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight487 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byR. W. Home,Sally Gregory Kohlstedt
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
- Table Of ContentsDoes Distance Tyrannize Science?.- Tyrannies of Distance in British Science.- Dr George Bennett and Sir Richard Owen: A Case Study of the Colonization of Early Australian Science.- A Far Frontier: British Geological Research in Australia during the Nineteenth Century.- A Collaborative Dimension of the European Empires: Australian and French Acclimatization Societies and Intercolonial Scientific Co-operation.- International Exchange in the Natural History Enterprise: Museums in Australia and the United States.- A World-wide Scientific Network and Patronage System: Australian and Other 'Colonial' Fellows of the Royal Society of London.- Ionospheric and Radio Physics in Australian Science since the Early Days.- Theories of the Earth as Seen from Below.- Geographic Isolation and the Origin of Species: The Migrations of Michael White.- Antipodal Fire: Bushfire Research in Australia and America.- Notes on Contributors.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.