All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the experience of teaching and practicing international social work, rather than reflecting on the field, this book offers practical knowledge and strategies aimed at actively addressing issues that are critical to the well-being of people, communities, and nations around the world.
- Author BiographyAfter a distinguished career as a social work educator and administrator, Dr. Cox currently teaches as an adjunct lecturer at La Trobe University in Australia. His professional interests have included work in social work and immigration and the experiences of refugees. He has written scores of articles and several books. He was awarded his Ph. D. from La Trobe in 1974. Manohar Pawar, PhD, is professor of social work at the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Charles Sturt University (NSW, Australia) and is also the President of the Asia-Pacific branch of the International Consortium for Social Development. Earlier, he has taught at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, and La Trobe University, Melbourne. He has more than 30 years of experience in social work education, research and practice in Australia and India. Professor Pawar has received a number of awards, including the ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship located at the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, New Delhi (1986-1988); the Citation Award for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning (2008, from the Australian Learning and Teaching Council); and Quality of Life Award (2001, from the Association of Commonwealth Universities). His current areas of interest include international social work, development and social policy practice, social consequences of cli--mate change and water, social work education, virtues and social work practice, informal care and ageing, NGOs and community devel--opment. He is the lead chief investigator of research funded by the Australian Research Council's Discovery Project that focuses on virtues and social work practice. His publications include Social Work Practice Methods: Reflections on Thinking, Doing and Being (2015); Water and Social Policy (2014); International Social Work: Issues, Strategies and Programs (2013); The SAGE Handbook of International Social Work (2012); Social Development: Critical Themes and Perspectives (2010); and Community Development in Asia and the Pacific (2010).
- Author(s)David R. Cox,Manohar S. Pawar
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication24/01/2013
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.85Trending at £8.35
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.91Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.