All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.24Trending at £8.98
- £8.64Trending at £12.00
- £18.19Trending at £18.69
- £8.88Trending at £12.06
- £14.54Trending at £15.28
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
- £14.88Trending at £15.23
About this product
- Author(s)Dominique Stehelin,Oliviero E. Varnier,Robert C. Gallo
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication14/10/2011
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleExperimental Biology and Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight845 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: The Role of Retroviruses.- Opening Remarks.- Retroviruses in Neoplasia Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.- The Role of Retroviruses in Nature.- W. P. Rowe Memorial Lecture.- Changing Dogmas in Retrovirology.- Section 1 Retroviruses and the Murine Model System.- The Biology of Endogenous Leukemia Viruses: A Study of the DBA/2 Mouse.- Murine Xenotropic Retroviruses in the Computer Age.- Viral and Nonviral Mammary Tumorigenesis.- The Proviral Genome of Radiation Leukemia Virus: Molecular Cloning, Nucleotide Sequence of Its Long Terminal Repeat, and Integration in Lymphoma Cell DNA.- Metastatic Potential of Friend Leukemia Cells: Fibronectin Induces Specific Arrest, Survival, and Growth of FLC in Liver of DBA/2 Mice.- The Envelope Gene of Mammalian Retroviruses: Analysis of Its Structure Reveals Specific Recombination Signals.- The Major Histocompatibility Complex (H-2) of the Mouse Influences the Phenotype of Murine Leukemia Virus-Induced Lymphomas.- Mouse Mammary Tumor Virus (MMTV) Morphology in the Gastrointestinal Lumen of Suckling Mice.- Murine Retroviruses: An Alternative Screening Approach for Antiviral Drug Research.- Section 2 Retroviruses and the Vertebrate Model System.- Retroviruses and Oncogenes in Rats.- Target Cells for Avian Leukemia Viruses Revisited.- Feline Retroviruses.- Bovine Leukemia Virus, A Distinguished Member of the Human TLymphotropic Viruses Family.- Association of Ultraviolet-Induced Retrovirus Expression with Anchorage-Independent Survival in Rat Embryo Cells.- Participation of 7S L RNA in Reverse Transcription by an Avian Retrovirus.- Different Retroviruses Show Different Susceptibilities to 2-Deoxy-D-glucose.- A Comparative Study of Bovine Leukemia Virus (BLV) Detection Methods.- Structural and Functional Heterogeneity among Type D Retroviruses.- Retroviruses and Oncogenes in the Rat Sarcoma Galliera: An old Tumor as a Unique Model System.- Section 3. Retroviruses and Human Pathology.- Molecular Biology of Viruses of the HTLV Family.- Activation of Retroviral Genes in Human Reproductive Tissues and Tumors.- Retrovirus and AIDS.- Human T-Cell Leukemia (Lymphotropic) Retroviruses: The HTLV Family and Their Role in Leukemias, Lymphomas, and AIDS.- The Organization of Mouse Mammary Tumor Virus-Related Sequences in Human Cellular DNA.- Close Structural Similarities Between the LTRs of Bovine Leukemia and Human T-Cell Leukemia Viruses.- Analysis and Immunological Properties of Lymphadenopathy- Associated Virus (LAV) Structural Proteins.- RNA Viruses and Lymphocyte Immune Functions.- Anti HTLV-III and Anti T-Cell Antibodies in AIDS and ARC Patients.- Seroepidemiological Study of Lymphadenopathy-Associated Virus, by ELISA, in Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome.- IgG Antibodies to SAIDS-D Virus Associated Antigens in Patients with AIDS and at Risk for AIDS.- Is a Retrovirus-Like Particle Expressed at a Specific Stage During Human Oocyte Maturation?.- Psoriasis - A Retrovirus Disease?.- Purification and Characterization of a High Molecular Weight Human Milk Ribonuclease: Its Potential use for Diagnosis and Prognosis of Human Mammary Neoplasia.- The Role of Retroviruses in AIDS and Slow Infections.- Section 4. Retroviruses and Oncogenes.- Retroviruses with Two Oncogenes.- Molecular Assays for Detection Of ras Oncogenes in Human and Animal Tumors.- The raf Oncogene.- Role of Retroviral Oncogenes in the Attachment of Cells to Natural Substrata.- Amplification of Cellular Oncogenes in Colon and Lung Cancer Cells.- The Nucleotide Sequence of the erbA Gene of Avian Erythroblastosis Virus Appears Unrelated to Other Known Oncogenes.- Characterization of a Human Osteosarcome Oncogene.- Coordinated Regulation of the c-myc Gene and a Tumor-related Multigenic Set in Human Neoplastic Cells Treated with Differentiation Inducers Including Tumor Promoters.- Transcripts of c-fes Oncogene are Present at Detectable Levels in Total Cellular RNA of Human Myeloid but not Lymphoid Normal and Neoplastic Cells.- Heterogen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.