All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternet Governance: Origins, Current Issues, and Future Possibilities provides an introductory, multidisciplinary account of the forces at work in the evolving concept of internet governance and includes computer history, Internet beginnings, institutions and stakeholders, proposed models of governance, and human rights.
- Author BiographyRoy Balleste is Law Library Director and Professor of Law at St. Thomas University, in Miami Gardens, Florida. He completed his doctorate degree (J.S.D.) in Intercultural Human Rights (analyzing internet governance, including its history, actors, institutions and human rights considerations). Professor Balleste has concentrated his scholarship in the areas of internet governance, human rights and the relationship between information, technology, and people. He teaches internet governance at St. Thomas University School of Law. In November 2007, he participated in the Second UN Internet Governance Forum in Rio de Janeiro. He also participated in the Fifth UN Internet Governance Forum in Vilnius, Lithuania, September 2010. Before attending the meeting in Vilnius, he submitted a comment supporting the continuation of the IGF beyond its original five-year mandate. Professor Balleste is a member of the Global Internet Governance Academic Network (GigaNet) where he served as secretary of the Steering Committee from December 2010 to December 2012. Balleste is a member of ICANN's Noncommercial Users Stakeholder Group (NCSG) and the Noncommercial Users Constituency (NCUC) of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO). He is a member of the NCUC's Executive Committee as the Representative for North America. His primary focus is on GNSO issues that deal with the protection of the user.
- Author(s)Roy Balleste
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/03/2015
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best selling in Law
Save on Law
- £9.49Trending at £9.96
- £21.99Trending at £22.93
- £6.25Trending at £7.98
- £5.99Trending at £6.29
- £3.99Trending at £5.23
- £34.11Trending at £41.70
- £13.10Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.