All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUpdated to reflect current developments and trends in internet research, this book presents a state-of-the-art review of the Internet as a tool for conducting research in the social and behavioural sciences.
- Author BiographyClaire Hewson is Lecturer in Psychology at The Open University. She has a long-standing interest in using the Internet to carry out primary research, and has collected data using a range of IMR methods including surveys, psychometrics and experiments, to investigate issues in: commonsense understanding, particularly folk psychology; online assessment methods in an educational context; the validity of IMR methods. She was commissioned to lead a working party to produce the recent British Psychological Society (BPS) guidelines on ethics in Internet-mediated research (2013), has delivered a number of talks and training sessions on this and related topics, and has published more broadly in the area of IMR Carl Vogel, a Fellow of Trinity College Dublin, is Senior Lecturer in Computational Linguistics and Director of the Centre for Computing and Language Studies at Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin. His work in computational linguistics as a cognitive science frequently draws upon evidence abstracted from Internet accessed data, and accordingly he dwells on the accompanying research methodology issues. Vogel was on the Management Committee of the successful European COST Action IS1004: Web-based data-collection -- methodological challenges, solutions and implementations (WEBDATANET). Dianna Laurent teaches a variety of classes for both the English and the Languages and Communication departments at Southeastern Louisiana University and at St. Joseph's Abbey and Seminary College. She publishes on a variety of subjects involving the Internet. Dr. Laurent is the associate editor of the yearly ATTW bibliography and the business manager of 19th Century Studies for the Nineteenth Century Studies Association.
- Author(s)Carl Vogel,Claire Hewson,Dianna Laurent
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2015
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £9.26Trending at £10.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.20Trending at £7.00
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.