All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a foundation for understanding violence within the African-American community from the perspective of African Americans. This book challenges stereotypes of African Americans and offers advice on approaches that are, or might be, effective with African-American populations.
- Author BiographyRobert L. Hampton is one of the founders of the Institute on Domestic Violence in the African American Community. He has served as President of York College (CUNY), Associate Provost and Dean at the University of Maryland, College Park, as a research associate at Children's Hospital in Boston and the Harvard Medical School. He has published extensively and spoken about the issues of interpersonal violence in minority communities. Thomas P. Gullotta is C.E.O. of Child and Family Agency and is a member of the psychology and education departments at Eastern Connecticut State University. He is the senior author of two textbooks: Today's Marriage and Families: A Wellness Approach, and the 4th edition of The Adolescent Experience. Tom is the co-editor of The Encyclopedia of Primary Prevention and Health Promotion, and co-editor of Handbook of Evidence-Based Approaches for the Treatment and Prevention of Challenging Behaviors in Adolescence. He is the editor emeritus of the Journal of Primary Prevention, the senior book series editor for Issues in Children's and Families' Lives, and holds editorial appointments on the Journal of Early Adolescence, The Journal of Adolescent Research and the Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation. He has published extensively on adolescents and primary prevention. Tom was honored in 1999 by the Society for Community Research and Action, Division 27 of the American Psychological Association with their Distinguished Contributions to Practice in Community Psychology Award.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/05/2006
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleIssues in Children's and Families' Lives
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byRobert L. Hampton,Thomas P. Gullotta
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.