All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterventions in Criminal Justice Volume 2: A handbook for counsellors and therapists working in the criminal justice system responds to therapy in the criminal justice setting and addresses additional contemporary issues and challenges faced by criminal justice staff.
- Author BiographyPeter Jones has an extensive background in mental health and is a trained counsellor. He graduated with a diploma in counselling in 1997 and an MA in counselling in 1999. He is a recognised national leader in working with victims of sexual violence and trauma within the custodial setting and mental health arena, and he has presented his work at a number of national and international conferences.He has developed models of practice and pioneered work in this area both within and outside the custodial setting over the last 10 years. It is through this work that he has been challenged to explore more deeply the nature of regimes and their relationship to the patient and the healthcare worker and their impact on health. He has published a number of articles and books in this field.Peter chairs and leads the Counselling in Prisons Network, which he founded in 2007. It now has over 100 members. He is also the chair for a specialist interest group within the World Health Organization in relation to sexual violence and trauma in custodial settings. He also chairs and leads the Wellbeing in Prisons: Higher Education Network. He is the author of Male Sexual Abuse and Trauma Training, which comprises a manual, DVD and interactive book on CD-rom. He is the editor of the first volume of Interventions in Criminal Justice.In 2009 Peter was awarded a BACP fellowship in recognition of his distinguished contribution to counselling and psychotherapy in the UK. Peter was elected a Fellow to the Royal Society of Arts in 2013. He became a Visiting Fellow in the School of Applied Social Science at Durham University in 2013. Peter is a leading national and international figure in working therapeutically with offenders.
- PublisherPavilion Publishing and Media Ltd
- Date of Publication08/06/2015
- Series TitleInterventions in Criminal Justice
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Publishing and Media Ltd
- Edited byPeter Jones
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.61Trending at £12.26
- £9.54Trending at £11.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.