All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines transformations in the realm of intimacy and the conflicts - the 'intimate troubles' - to which these changes give rise. This book focuses on the overlap of public and private and asks the question, what impact does the increasingly public character of personal life have on our sense of ourselves and on how we view our intimate choices?
- Author BiographyKen Plummer has an international reputation as a distinguished scholar of social interaction and human sexuality. He is professor of sociology at the University of Essex in England, and the author of Telling Sexual Stories, Sexual Stigma, and Documents of Life, and founding editor of the journal Sexualities.
- Author(s)Ken Plummer
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Earl & Edna Stice Lecture-book Series in Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Notetables, notes, bibliog., index
- Weight282 g
- Width149 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.