All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConnecting laboratory research, clinical medicine, social theory, and lived experience, Intolerant Bodies reveals how doctors and patients have come to terms, often reluctantly, with this novel and puzzling mechanism of disease causation.
- Author BiographyWarwick Anderson is an Australian Research Council laureate fellow and a professor in the Department of History and the Center for Values, Ethics, and the Law in Medicine at the University of Sydney. He is the author of The Collectors of Lost Souls: Turning Kuru Scientists into Whitemen, also published by Johns Hopkins. Ian R. Mackay is a research professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Monash University. He is the coauthor of Autoimmune Diseases: Pathogenesis, Chemistry, and Therapy and the coeditor of The Autoimmune Diseases, fifth edition.
- PrizesWinner of NSW Premier's History Award: General History Prize 2015.
- Author(s)Ian R. Mackay,Warwick Anderson
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication19/12/2014
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleJohns Hopkins Biographies of Disease
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Weight317 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £74.00Trending at £78.49
- £10.89Trending at £12.74
- £12.99Trending at £13.61
- £6.92Trending at £9.27
- £21.24Trending at £25.58
- £10.79Trending at £11.32
- £9.33Trending at £9.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.