All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the field of sexuality in an accessible way for undergraduates. This book offers students, academics and researchers an introduction and overview of this field. It consists of over fifty short and original essays on the key topics and themes in sexuality studies, and interviews with twelve leading scholars in the field.
- Author BiographySteven Seidman is a Professor of Sociology at the State University of New York at Albany. His books include Romantic Longings: Love in America, 1830-1980 (Routledge, 1991), Embattled Eros: Sexual Politics and Ethics in America (Routledge, 1992), Beyond the Closet (Routledge, 2002), and The Social Construction of Sexuality (W. W. Norton & Co, 2003). Nancy Fischer is an Associate Professor of Sociology, and the Director of Metro-Urban Studies at Augsburg College in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She is a former chair of the American Sociological Association's Section on Sexualities. She has written about incest, urban sustainability, and is currently working on a project on the social meaning of second hand and vintage clothing. Chet Meeks was an Assistant Professor of Sociology at Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia. He was a queer theorist and taught courses in Sociology of Sexuality and Social Theory at Georgia State (and previously at Northern Illinois University). His published works include 'Civil Society and the Sexual Politics of Difference' published in Sociological Theory, as well as the co-edited Handbook of New Sexuality Studies (Routledge, 2006). He passed away in 2008.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/02/2011
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white halftones
- Weight1202 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byChet Meeks,Nancy L. Fischer,Steven Seidman
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.